Re: Self Portrait Size

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 08:58:43 PDT

Have you considered using the grid on mirrors? This works for self
portraits if you hold one eye closed or use eye patches. Using
mirrors may help them gain observation drawing confidence and skill.
Mirrors can be marked off with strings or markers.

Marvin

This is another variation.
http://www.bartelart.com/arted/cutpaperself.htm#easier

>My 7th grade and 8th grade artists are about to grid their
>self-portraits to be worked in pencil. What size paper would you
>recommend? This is the first time I have ever tried this project,
>would truly appreciate feedback.

>Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's
>FREE!
>hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/
>

>---

---