Help! My Oaxacan animal has termites!

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 06:23:55 PDT

I recently bought a jackrabbit wood carving made by Zeny Fuentes from Crzmac.
It is beautiful! I noticed that after a few days of it sitting on my shelf, it
had "expelled" little piles of sawdust. I saw tiny holes and thought maybe
that they were intentionally drilled and the sculpture was simply "weeeping"
the sawdust. (Why I thought this is beyond me. I have another sculpture and it
didn't do this.) Today, I noticed more piles of sawdust and lifted it to look.
There was a termite crawling out of one of the holes! Can anyone please tell
me what in the world I should do? Is it a lost cause? Do I call the company?
LOL. IT would be really funny if I hadn't paid so much for it.

Thanks in advance,
Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

---