To all New People who ask for advice

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 05:12:21 PDT

Greetings From Incredible Art Department (IAD),

I extend a warm welcome to you. I know that even
though folks can not subscribe from Getty site -
people are finding the subscribe address online in
other locations (I have even found it myself - at
least three places).

As some of you have found out, IAD can be a valuable
resource for you. What isn't on the site is saved up
into dozens of folders on my hard drive....or just a
finger click away (I do like to Google).

When you ask a question and would like an answer from
me (or IAD) - try to give as much information to go on
as possible. It saves me (IAD Webmaster) HOURS of
time. You have heard "less is more"? - well that is
generally the case - you'll get more than you will
ever need if you hit my "passions". My mind tends to
wander thinking of all sorts of ways to answer your
needs and now I have too many lessons bouncing around
in my head (grin). Ceramics and clay ideas will be the
first lesson page I work on adding my ideas. Those who
need clay/ceramics can just keep checking in to see if
I ever "get around to it" as I won't be posting that
update again until I get list member submissions to
share.

Here are some simple steps to follow if you would like
my help.

1. Enter a Google Search with your topic + artsednet.

2. Enter a Google search with keywords on Incredible
Art Department home page (search the site).

3. If you want lesson plans/ideas - Enter keywords on
IAD Lesson Plan page

4. Make a post to Getty ArtsEdNet - Tell us what you
have done already so we don't retrace your steps. Be
as specific as possbile. When you want lesson ideas -
let us know what materials you have to work with. Let
us know the grade level. Let us know about how long
you want the lesson to last - one day? 3 to 4 class
periods? You get the idea. Let us know what your main
objective is - what big idea do you want to get
across?

5. Email me if you still did not get what you need. My
email address is on Incredible Department home page
and Incredible Art Resources home page. It is also in
Getty archives (for now - I will be closing that Road
Runner account soon - but will post what the new one
will be). You will get an answer from me - but it will
take time. I will put my ideas on a Incredible Art
Department and will post the link for everyone - OR I
can give you a faster answer and YOU can submit your
lesson plan using my ideas and resources that I
provide (lesson can be submitted over the summer).

6. Make a post to Getty list after your unit is over
telling us what worked and/or what didn't. Let us here
your successes, too --- not just your needs.

If anyone wants to know why I have posted this - feel
free to email me OFF list. Sharon Henneborn already
knows and she understands...She is one of Getty's
Angel Fish....Which reminds me - I need to feed my
fish. I have four additional "children" to watch this
year - My son Matt left his with me. I still have
"Nick" (or Nicholas RedFishBlueFish his longer name)
my Beta Fish.

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====