RE: Ceramics program

---------

From: Leslie Miller (lamiller3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 09:20:39 PDT

Congratulations on your new kiln! What a joy to be able to do clay with
your students.
I'm sure you'll get good advice by teachers better at ceramics than I, but:

I had three shelves for my kiln. This depends on the size of your kiln.
Each shelf needs four posts. I had 8", 6", 4",and two inch sets.
You also need, if you are using glazes, stilts to put the pieces on so they
don't stick to the shelves.

Kiln wash to paint on your shelves to protect them from glaze.

Though, this first year you may only want to stick to no glazes, and use
colored clay slips or stain the pieces after. Then you don't have to worry
about glazing.

Good luck and enjoy!

Leslie in Framingham