Native American - African Resource (WOW!!!) - plan ahead (sites)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 07:15:30 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

My apologies to all who want to save resources into
separate culture folders... but I am trying to combine
two messages into one.

I will start first with this wonderful "new-to-me"
African Culture site - Africa Focus:
http://africafocus.library.wisc.edu/
Search by collection, subject or country.
I did a test just for weaving and all of the weaving
photographs came up. I spent a long time on this
site...a GOLD MINE for your PowerPoint presentations.
The photos are hear for you to use - permission is
granted right on the site for classroom use.

I will be adding multiple links to this site from
University Wisconsin-Madison.

Here is a link to Native American Resources:
http://www.hillelday.org/nativeamericans.html
This was recommended for elementary students (on Ed
Tech list). I will not be providing a link to this as
I am trying not to add more links-to-links-and more
links sites. Between now and Novemeber - I will browse
these resources for the "meat" and will link specific
sites on Great Sites (and will include this as the
source of those sites). I know already that I have
some of the sites linked on this page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/diversit.htm

Regards,

Judy Decker