Re: Sculpey or Fimo clay - Ideas on IAD

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 17:45:29 PDT

Wow Patti! Super project!

Here are some on IAD already:

Worms flower pots - See Rousseau lesson idea page and
scroll down (listed with Jan's) (linked on Elementary)

Sky's Lucky Cat - go to Art Room - then Sky McClain -
Doable with Sculpey - or air dry clays.

Denise' fish bowls (experiment with this one) - see
fish ideas page

Tracy Albert's/Susan Long Island - Fish (go to Fish
ideas page for those two (from Elementary lesson page)

Go to this page to see how to start a figure (Doll) -
wrap with Sculpey - see Merrilee's Wrapped Wrie
lesson.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/world.htm

NEW!!! Denise's very FUN Christmas Ornaments - go to
Christmas Ideas page (start wioth glass ornaments (do
not try to use styrofoam balls).

Jeryl's leaf bowls work, too - roll thin - maybe bake
in foil pot pie tins.... Who tried this last year?
What worked? (Elementary lessons)

Brenda posted her King Tut portraits (5th or 6th
grade) - I don't have them on IAD....Brenda - could
you post the photo album for those? I may have saved
one... Just don't know where now. She used Model Magic
- but Sculpey would work.

Calaveras (skeletons) - use Sculpey and Wire (look up
Deborah Johnsons Getty post last spring.... I will get
a sample on IAD for that soon....Check Mexico Ideas
for what is there already.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/mexico.htm
See Mexico page for small suns - Shape over a little
paper hump (or one of those small water cups) - Also
Retablos.

If you need more "how tos" for any of these ideas -
ask OFF LIST (be sure to put my name in the subject
line)

For ideas from me - check Getty archives and/or Yahoo
list archives.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker