RE: Sculpey or Fimo clay

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 14:15:56 PDT

Hi! I used Sculpey for YEARS before I finally got a kiln. :)
Judy has one of my ideas on IAD:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/ceramics.htm
About halfway down- Clay Bakery.
I have also done Egyptian Eyes with 4th and 5th grades, but those are not
online anymore.They were based on the Eye of Horas and had beaded wires
holding them up, kind-of like a really fancy necklace. I may have a photo,
which I will forward to your email address, if you'd like. Almost anything you
can do with clay can be done with Sculpey- these are just a few ideas I have
done.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From PrimaryE@aol.com =====
>I teach K through 5th. I have no kiln. I've purchased sculpey clay that
>comes in one pound chunks. I'm looking for ideas besides jewelry. The clay
is
>expensive and I teach approximately 550 students. Which grades would you
>concentrate on and do you have any interesting ideas? Thanks in advance. E
>

>---

---