Re: Anyone try Sax Glazes

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 12:21:47 PDT

I always buy Sax glazes in the gallons. The dark blue, leaf green,
yellow, amber, white and black are my stand-bys. I bought red but it's
too hard to use--the only red I get is the little Snapdragon
underglazes. Sid

>>> komandov@yahoo.com 09/19/2004 8:42:58 AM >>>
Yes, we have used the Sax crystal glazes for years and they are
beautiful! They show 2 variations on the page in the catalog. The darker
variation is the low fired effect and the lighter or less dense version
is the high fire. We apply them in the same manner as any other glaze -
3 coats. I believe these are Amaco glazes, but are called Sax Crystal
Glazes in the catalog. I find whenever I have used a Sax product, their
quality for their price is without question on what I have ordered. (Not
a paid advertisement ;^ )

These are favorites with the kids!
Vivian

"I am about to reorder some glazes and was looking at the Sax catalog.

They
have a line of gloss similar to the Amaco LG glazes. Their crystal
glazes look
good too. I usually use Amaco or Spectrum. I wonder if they compare?

Has anone tried Sax? Are their colors opaque with 3 coats? How do they

brush? "

Increase the Peace ~^~

{^}Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot
of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny
ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy

http://members.cox.net/artzheart