HIgh School Sculpture ideas - See Kevan Nitzberg's site

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 07:15:40 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I get searches for sculpture on IAD and my site...
Kevan Nitzberg has several lessons on his site that
are suitable for grades 6 through 12 (yes, middle
school kids can do them too -- and even elementary -
with different results of course).
http://www.anoka.k12.mn.us/education/staff/staff.php?sectionid=15769
Click on Current Projects and Student Artwork in left
table. Then follow sculpture links.

NOTE TO KEVAN: Kevan - I am working on the Wire
sculpture lesson today... May I grab other
images/lessons, too? I will put wire - wire/plaster
and foam core all on one lesson page for high school.
Reply to me off list if it is NOT OK...otherwise I
will assume I have your blessing. GREAT STUFF!

Don't remove the drawing lessons either - I would like
to grab some of those for a drawing page - no details
needed. I have the page started already with Wendy
Free's lesson ideas. SUPER WORK! Of course links will
be made back to your site with each idea.
Wendy's drawing page is consistanty ranked as number
one high school lesson page. I'd like to give them
more to see.

ALL: Pardon my personal message to Kevan....I am just
asking him the easy way now - I'm too lazy to find his
email address. Kevan is the "Art Wizard" from
Minnesota....be sure and visit ArtsConnected (Kevan
has collections on that site for Ps and Es and Native
American Art)

Judy Decker