"HowToons" - share with science teachers (elementary)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 04:11:04 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

This site was posted to Net Gold list:
Howtoons:
http://www.howtoons.org/
"Howtoons are one-page cartoons showing 5-to-15
year-old kids "How To" build things. Each illustrated
episode is a stand-alone fun adventure
accessible to all, including the pre-literate. Our
Howtoons are designed to encourage children to be
active participants in discovering the world through
Play-that-Matters -- fun, creative, and
inventive -- and to rely a lot less on mass-consumable
entertainment."

I think it would be a hoot to walk into an elementary
science room and see all of them wearing their hand
made safety goggles. It would really be cute if they
could get some donated lab coats for class too (I had
a bunch of old doctor's lab coats from my class).

I am not linking this - share the link with classroom
teachers. Our Sunday comics has science activities for
kids, too. Hmmmm....What if you had one grade level to
"Howtoons" for your art room? One for how you cleanup
- one for how you work in clay....one for beginning
class rituals.... etc. Our Industrial Technology
teacher had kids make safety posters for her room (she
would laminate and put up the best ones).

Judy Decker