Ten Thousand Villages - Percussion Instruments

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 12:21:49 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Ten Thousand Villages has several instruments on their
web site...
http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/
The djembe drum is pricecy (for you pocket) but still
affordable - it sells for $250.00. You might be able
to get one at Pier 1 on sale. Our Pier 1 had theirs
marked way down last I looked.

Calabash Rattle - only $14.00
Iron Gong - only $18.00
Monkey Fuirt rattle - only $12.95

South American
Pan Flute - $19.99
Rain stick - $24.00

Actually - kids can make some pretty authentic
sounding rain sticks.

Each store I have been in has different merchandise.
Check the web site for a store near you.

If you want kids to make drums... See the Crizmac drum
from Kenya:
http://www.crizmac.com/online_catalog/store.cfm?step=display&productid=1732
See page 21 for more instrument ideas.

Well... I think I am moving off drums now.

Judy Decker