Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Student teacher

From: Nancy Walkup (nwalkup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 06:08:44 PDT

They should be teaching all classes by their sixth week with you.

>>> 9/19/2004 9:58:53 PM >>>
Do you have your student teacher write their own lessons or do you give
the lessons to teach? I've had one student teacher so far (who did her
lessons), but someone told me that some teachers give their student
the lesson plans. Also, my student teacher will be with me six weeks
then at the middle school six weeks. I teach 5-6 classes a day (K-5).
many classes (different grade levels) should they teach by the end of
six week? The information from their college is pretty sketchy for
assignments. I don't want to overload them, but on the other hand, the
management in art classes is so important. Any thoughts on this?