Student teacher

---------

From: Fran Legman (flegman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 19:58:53 PDT

Do you have your student teacher write their own lessons or do you give them
the lessons to teach? I've had one student teacher so far (who did her own
lessons), but someone told me that some teachers give their student teachers
the lesson plans. Also, my student teacher will be with me six weeks and
then at the middle school six weeks. I teach 5-6 classes a day (K-5). How
many classes (different grade levels) should they teach by the end of their
six week? The information from their college is pretty sketchy for split
assignments. I don't want to overload them, but on the other hand, the
management in art classes is so important. Any thoughts on this?

---