Re: Anyone try Sax glazes?

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 09:09:44 PDT

Yes Marsha...

Thanks Vivian - glad to know the quality is still good
on Sax glazes. I used them many years ago when you
could get them in small bottle sets. This was a great
way to expand my color choices for kids - especially
for high school. Do they still have the small bottle
sets available, Marsha? I don't have a current catalog
for Sax. Order one of each set to try... take notes on
what colors are most popular then order those in
bigger bottles next year - or later in the year. I got
some great prices when I ordered the sets (from a sale
catalog). I know my kiddies didn't apply three coats -
and we got excellent results (I think most applied one
good thick coat). The Sax colors were great for
Majolica (glazing on top of white opaque glaze). I did
buy extra opaque white.

Marsha - I hope you try some Majolica with your
kiddies - share back for the ceramic ideas page.
We did some neat carved work, too. Glazed raised
surfaces with the opaque colors - fired - then brushed
with black glaze and wiped off so the black went into
all of the carved lines and fired again.

Judy Decker