Re: Anyone try Sax Glazes

---------

From: V Moreira Komando (komandov_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 08:42:58 PDT

Yes, we have used the Sax crystal glazes for years and they are beautiful! They show 2 variations on the page in the catalog. The darker variation is the low fired effect and the lighter or less dense version is the high fire. We apply them in the same manner as any other glaze - 3 coats. I believe these are Amaco glazes, but are called Sax Crystal Glazes in the catalog. I find whenever I have used a Sax product, their quality for their price is without question on what I have ordered. (Not a paid advertisement ;^ )

These are favorites with the kids!
Vivian

"I am about to reorder some glazes and was looking at the Sax catalog.
They
have a line of gloss similar to the Amaco LG glazes. Their crystal
glazes look
good too. I usually use Amaco or Spectrum. I wonder if they compare?

Has anone tried Sax? Are their colors opaque with 3 coats? How do they
brush? "

Increase the Peace ~^~

http://members.cox.net/artzheart