Best hamburger in the world

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 18:49:21 PDT

        If you are ever going to be in New Mexico, you've got to try it.
I told Frani about it so many times that she had to find out herself.
Years ago Wilson Crawford told me about a little restaurant
at Picuris Pueblo. The cafe is attached to a small museum and
overlooks a small fishing lake. The pueblo is small and hidden
in the mountains south of Taos.
http://www.cinprograms.org/people/pueblo/picuris.html
        Imagine this: A beautiful piece of indian fry bread folded
to surround a fat juicy burger with a slice of melted jack
cheese loaded with lettuce, onion, pickles and tomato and
of course the obligatory green chilies. Add fries and a drink
and the feast begins. We cut ours in half so we could hold it
and devoured this fantastic culinary delight. It's called a
"Picuris Burger" and you just have to experience it.
        We were on a driving tour, today, of artist's galleries
on the high road between Chimayo and Taos. Our last stop was
at Picuris. I'll plan this late lunch or early dinner stop when
we go that way again.
                Bon Appetite, Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703