Re: class dismissed

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 07:15:23 PDT

In a message dated 9/17/04 12:29:05 PM, marvinpb@goshen.edu writes:

> What are the best ways you have found to dismiss your art classes?

Sometimes at the end of class, when we have been mixing colors, for instance,
I will ask "who learned something today and what?" or "give me one true fact
about colors". Usually one hand goes up; after that person speaks I say "you
have earned a place in line!" and that person goes to the door. Now for
some reason that I have never fathomed K-4 students seem to LOVE being near the
front of the line. So once that person goes to the door a room full of hands go
up. By the way, I alway call on a girl, then a boy, then a girl, etc., as I
find that many of my boys at those grade levels shoot their hands up very
fast and I want to keep the girls answering also.

kathy douglas

---