Re: Music in the Artroom

---------

From: houstonia nerd (houstonianerd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 18:24:02 PDT

Eric Jensen has talked about this. He says if you want to slow a class down, play music that is slower than your heartrate, and if they're a lethargic group, speed them up with music that's faster than their heartbeat.

debbien@txkisd.net wrote:I know we have discussed this thread over and over through the years but I
need to know if anyone has heard of any actual research on this. I am
working on my master's and am taking a class titled, "Educational Research
Literature and Techniques. We have to conduct an action research project,
my title is, "Which music, if any, soothes my savage beasts?" I will need
to support other research to refer to in my research.

thanks,
Debbie Nicholas
Art Teacher
Texas High