Music in the classroom

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 15:03:16 PDT

Hi Debbie,

Curiosity got the best of me ....again...enter
research music in the classroom in Google.

Here is just one link:
Research on How Music Promotes Learning
http://www.songsforteaching.com/references.htm
Also look at the references that they use. You want to
find some prmary resources. Check out more on Eric
Jensen.
http://www.songsforteaching.com/ericjensen/2.htm

I even found a research paper for high school that was
your exact topic.... I wouldn't go that route - there
is so much you can find at no cost to you. There are a
lot of ERIC documents on this topic too (I didn't look
- I just know they are there).

I found the best music was music that went along with
my units....Gave them something to help learn art
content, too. Too bad you're not elementary - You
could do your research using Greg Percy's CDs...If
anyone ever wants to do this research topic for
elementary, let me know -I'll send Songs in the Key of
Art Volume 1,2 and 3 your way.

Happy researching,

Judy Decker