Re: Music in the Artroom

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 14:44:05 PDT

I have no research to base it on other than my own practice.
I truly believe cool, calm jazz (without lyrics) works extremely
well. They complain at first then after a while we have a quiet
productive classroom. I also had great luck with native american
flute music. We used it when we did lessons related to the
southwest. You might check research on right brain learning.
That's where I originally got the idea to use instrumental
music only to help keep us working in the right hemisphere.
                                Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703