New work by Sergio Hernandez- "Dia de los Muertos 2004"

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 06:28:29 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Hispanic Heritage Month is here. Sergio Hernandez just
sent me his newest work: Dia de los Muertos 2004.
I have added it to the Social Comment lesson plan:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Sara-social.htm
I have larger size images for these works by Sergio -
as well as "Death takes Frida".

Sergio was greatly influence by Diego Rivera and other
Mexican muralists. His cultural heritage comes through
in his work.

If anyone uses this lesson - please send in an example
of student work - any medium. Collage - oil pastels -
soft pastels....whatever.

Judy Decker