Re: Help Getting large classes quiet

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 17:54:25 PDT

Counting down loudly from 5 to 1 slowly helps my middle schoolers quiet
down...I also carry around detention forms or keep them near me.

Ricardo Ramirez
RCMS Art Educator
Fuego y Alma Co Art Coordinator
1901Creekside Drive
Corinth, Tx 76210
(940) 369-4721

>>> art304@bellsouth.net 9/16/2004 9:14:37 AM >>>
Gabrielle,
One of the most effective ways to get a class to quiet down is to stand

somewhere in the room and say "If you can hear me, clap once" (those
within earshot will clap).
Then say, "if you can hear me, clap twice." (more kids will clap along

with the first clappers).
Finally, say, "if you can hear me three times" By this time, ALL of
the students will be clapping and will give you their attention!
Works for me...!

peace,
ann

---