Denise Pannell's Second Grade Project Ideas

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 17:31:55 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Denise Pannell shared some ideas for second grade.
These have all been added to Incredible Art
Department.

* Paul Klee checkerboard paintings- warm colors on
top, cool colors on bottom, black marker drawing on
top. Inspired by "Sinbad the Sailor" (Denise's sample)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/jan-klee.htm#Denise

* Van Gogh Starry Nights- shaving cream and liquid
watercolors to marble the paper, black silhouette
landscapes at the bottom (Denise's sample project)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/marbling.htm#Denise

* Draw Like An Egyptian- gold and white acrylic
sponged on paper, black sharpie drawing on top,
watercolor over- looks like aged paintings from the
tombs (this is Denise's sample drawing)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/Denise-egypt.htm

* Clay Bakery- Sculpey clay low relief quilled designs
that are "frosted" with paint and "sprinkled" with
glitter glue (scroll to Clay Bakery)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/ceramics.htm#Elementary

Thanks to all who replied about separate idea pages
(with images) for each elementary grade level. There
was not enough interest to warrant all of the work.
All of you who would like to see this - send in your
lesson ideas. As you send them in, I will create new
pages - or add to existing lessons like I did with
Denise's lessons. In time I will create a new index
for Elementary art that has grade levels listed. When
you send in your ideas - include grade level - medium
used - name of school and a couple sentences about the
project. Motivation/resources would be nice, too.

All of these are linked from Elementary lesson plans.

Draw like an Egyptian is also on my lesson for
Egyptian art ideas (Ancient Egypt is part of the sixth
grade social studies curriculum around here).
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/6egypt.htm

Thanks Denise!

Judy Decker