Re: Help Getting large classes quiet

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 07:45:51 PDT

We had a procedure in our middle school and in most of the
district. If a teacher raised an arm in the air, the first student
to see it raised theirs. Then one by one each student raised
their arm and became quiet. It worked very well and was used
in all classrooms. The students knew the signal well. When
visitors came to the school they were told to try it. I heard
several visitors say, "Wow, this is powerful, I like it." The signal
was developed to halt discussions in working groups of students
at various time through out the class secession.
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703