Re: Tempera Batik - Lesson update for middle school

---------

From: Rosel R Valenzuela (moder_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 05:20:45 PDT

Greetings!

Tempera Batik is one of the favorites of my students. But as an artist
I love using this medium .
what works for me is, I use tempera as thick as I can make it. Let dry overnight before applying the india ink. Then dry also the india ink before soaking the artwork a few minutes in a basin of water . tapping from under flakes off the india ink. for special effects, I put the art piece under the faucet and spurt water on the painted surface.
The tempera brand probably matters also.

Hope this helps.

mader

EDSAMAIL. Internet the way YOU WANT IT.
www.edsamail.com.ph