RE: Help Getting large classes quiet

---------

From: Freeland, Sue (freelas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 06:02:48 PDT

I have explained to them about right brain and left brain activity. Left for language and math and right for creativity. I tell them they need to work in the right brain "zone". This is for HS students but once they get there the room is so quiet I sometimes have to play quiet music just so my shuffling papers and comments to students around the room as I cruise is not a distraction.

The latin teacher here lent me a Reiki CD and the kids actually like it! Need to get more of those. Some days are a little more energetic like Stevie Ray Vaughn or The Doors or even Bob Marley on Fridays, they sit , they work and sometimes nod with the music.

This may work for other grades too.
Sue