Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: Help Getting large classes quiet

From: San D (kprs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 04:37:09 PDT

Re: Help Getting large classes quiet
  I am a short teacher, who frequently has large classes in Gifted and
Talented (don't's a long story). So what I do is write what they
are to do as for the first 15 minutes, on the board. They have been
'trained' to come in, stare at the blackboard then go to their seats (or
groups) and get started immediately. While that does NOT curtail their
enthusiasm, it DOES head it in the right direction. Once they get started,
things quiet down enough that I can get their collective attention. Now
students automatically come in excited to see what's on the board (who

  San D