Re: Ready to Quit after One Week!

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 18:42:42 PDT

You can't quit because then they will win. You were in
a HIGH PAYING profession for 17 years? I am sure that
you have dealt with difficult people before. These
aren't even real people yet, they are confused little
half way there people!!! (Slightly joking)

I always keep in mind that no matter what they know, I
always know more than they do about art. You are the
expert, they are the children. Maybe you started out
wrong, but just start over and tell them that you are
taking a "redo" they will understand and they will
fall in line. You have a child or children, you would
not let them act that way, don't let these kids
either. You are a strong woman with great ideas, and
if you aren't... you will be after this year! I
remember how excited you were about teaching this
summer, you were not wrong, you just romanticized what
teaching was all about- now you have a goal to work
towards! YOU CAN DO THIS..all of us are doing it and
we are no better than you.... Mikel (used to teach
high school now in middle school... i know exactly how
you feel)