Re: Elementary Sketchbooks

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 17:52:03 PDT

This year I did my sketchbooks differently than last year when we used the
binding machine, plastic combs, and full 9"x12" paper. I had students count
out two sets of five 9x12 papers that were folded in half two make two sets
of ten 4.5x 6 pages for a total of twenty pages. I then used the binding
machine to punch holes in the two sets of paper plus a front and back
cardstock cover. Finally, students used yarn and a plastic needle to sew
the binding, rather like a spiral bound notebook. They look nice and fit
nicely in the students' folders. Many students are making an extra one to
take home.

Leah

---