Elementary Sketchbooks- Radial Name Design covers

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 12:08:09 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Denise Pannell has sent in examples of her student
radial name design sketchbook covers. Included is also
an image of her lesson plan (it will take a while to
load).
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/Denise-radialname.htm

These were done with grade 5 - adaptable to lower
grades and middle school. I bet you could come up with
a different name design lessons for each grade level.
Do Cathy Gaul's Bad Hair Day name lesson with one
grade for sure...block letter name design with one
grade....so many options. I would recommend getting
parents to help assemble the sketchbooks.

To all who replied about listing lessons by grade
level... I will consider doing a separate index page
for elementary lessons (in the future). I have listed
them by name of contributor because that makes it
easier for me to find them. There hasn't been enough
interest is seeing separate idea pages added for each
grade level. The theme pages (hands - fish) have been
very popular pages so I think those have been worth
while. I have more work to do on Hands...and Names is
coming. I just got the OK from one school to use some
of their work.

Regards,

Judy Decker