Shaped Ceramic Slab Boxes (MS lesson plan)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 10:46:08 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Kara LiCausi has sent me some examples of her ceramic
slab boxes.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Kara-box.htm

Kara came up with this lesson all on her own - but it
was so similar to Marvin Bartel's lesson that I have
included some of his words of wisdom...a case of "like
minds". I think Kara did this with 7th graders. Lesson
could be adapted to younger grades and to high school.

Here is Marvin's lesson:
http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/lessons/box.html
Marvin does not show examples first. In my experience,
students were so used to following the teacher example
in elementary that I would have too many sitting not
knowing what to do. I showed examples to my students.
I think each teacher needs to find a way they are
comfortable with.

Regards,

Judy Decker