Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: grading / using digital pics

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 05:00:00 PDT

About batch conversions of pics: wrote:
> I photograph everything the kids do and make mini portfolios of their
> work in a MS Word table document. I use these images to write comments
> We have a great new program on our laptops this year
> called, "Irfanview, or Ifranview" Not sure of spelling. In it, you can
> do batch conversions of photos VERY easily.
> to convert the whole batch at one time to 320 pixels for my webgallery
> specifications. It takes about a minute. This same smaller pixel size
> works well for sliding into the mini portfolio tables

Does anyone else out there have a photo editing program that can convert
a batch of photos at one time ? Linda, will it change the dpi as well ? My
cannon shoots at 180 dpi and I have to convert each one to 72 dpi for
the web. This feature would be great for lots of things. Linda, does it work
for Mac and PC ? Who makes the program ?
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM    87199-1703