Changing perspective

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 04:08:40 PDT

'I'm not retired, I'm refired. I'm not gonna ease up, let up, shut up
or give up. As a matter of fact, I'm just getting warmed up.' Woody, I
have never met you but I thought you would like this Zig Ziglar quote.
I just had to submit this to Woody and so many others of you who are
giving me so much to think about--so much leadership. As a middle aged
art teacher, I have felt quite alone--before finding this group, that
is. Many have mentioned the support they realize from this unique bunch
of folks.
However, I must also say that in this culture devoted to youth, a
perfect body, and other dreams I have left behind, people like Woody
and others have become my role models. Frankly, I was pretty starved
for them. To hear of Ann volunteering in the Arts Library, to see Judy
tirelessly providing us resources, to hear of Woody getting into docent
training class only weeks after his move, and to see so many of you
nurturing and mentoring new teachers I can envision my own place in
this world with much more detail.
Beth in Ohio

---