Re: grading elementary art-is it required for you?

---------

From: C Kerch (ckerch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 22:52:07 PDT

I'm required to grade my 5th - 8th graders but don't have to grade my K and
1st. I can't really give advice on how you should grade your students since
every teacher has their own way of weighing was is important, required or
considered worth grading on. I can tell you that for me the final project
and finishing the project on the due date counts heavily for my students. I
also include class participation and class work in the overall weight but
they don't count as much and I usually use participation as a percentage to
boost up a child's grade that I feel really put in the effort but maybe feel
short on the finish project.

Good luck on your new grading syste,

Mahalo,
Cathy