Re: how you phrase things

---------

From: gail kizis (smokealarm7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 20:29:25 PDT

yesterday a young man was tardy to class and was really mad that a policeman had written him a ticket for smoking across the street from the school.
i let him rant and rave to his buddy who sits beside him and after about 10 mins. i then asked him to please sit down ( he was pacing off and on) and told him i knew how upset he was and wondered if making art would help him to feel better and calm down.
he seemed to appreciate my approach and did what i asked.
nancy in north texas

---