Re: grading elementary art-is it required for you?(lengthy reply)

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 17:10:30 PDT

Now this makes sense! Thank you.
Leah

----- Original Message -----
From: TwoDucks@aol.com
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 8:01 PM
Subject: Re: grading elementary art-is it required for you?(lengthy reply)

<<Assessment of PLAY & CARE was a challenge, however. Crowe was required to
grade each of his 300 students four times a year. The grading system was as
follows:

O = Outstanding

S = Satisfactory

N = Needs Improvement

To align this grading system to his PLAY & CARE centers-based curriculum, he
took a creative approach. "I decided to base a grading system on a version
of the old 'saw':

A laborer uses his/her hands.

A craftsman uses his/her hands and mind.

An artist uses his/her hands, mind, and heart.

---