Design Sites - Chairs and more

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 17:01:43 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Sara Wren sent me this site:
IDE Virtual Design Museum
http://www.io.tudelft.nl/public/vdm/fda/fda02.htm
Here is a chair by Alessandro Mendini:
http://www.io.tudelft.nl/public/vdm/fda/mendini/mendin03.htm

She also sent me this site:
Design Museum:
http://www.designmuseum.org/
PDF file for Chair Design:
http://www.designmuseum.org/httpd/pdf/chairs.pdf

I have added links on the Art Styles page on my site.

Some of you may be interested in this Chairs lesson
plan from PBS.
Self Portrait Chair:
http://www.pbs.org/art21/education/studentartprojects/project3/
For this lesson - uniform chairs were made out of
wood(about 12 inches high)Chairs were displayed in an
"about me" box. Good lesson for upper elementary
through middle school. You could come up with some
kind of simple chair for the students to build (glue
together with wood glue) - then embellish.

Crayola Portfoilo lesson plan for chairs - "In the
style of" (a common lesson - this has been shaired
before):
http://www.portfolioseries.com/edu/resource/acrylic/chairs.cfm

Here is one that has been posted before - Haring style
painted chairs:
http://www.haringkids.com/lessons/envs/live/htdocs/lesson68.htm

Judy Decker