Art of Music - Violins - and Watercolor Artist

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 15:19:01 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Sara Wren sent me a link to a watercolor/mixed media
artist who has done a violin in this evant:
http://www.theartofmusic.org/VIOLINS.htm
Maybe this will inspire some kind of painted/altered
objects lesson for you. I know you won't be able to
track down violins for each student - but maybe each
student could bring in an interesting object to turn
into art?

Here is the site of the Watercolor artist.
Karen Schwartz:
http://www.karenschwartzart.com/

Many of her watercolors have a quilt like look to them
- stamp printed (or painted) border designs - negative
spaces as if pieced together.

Regards,

Judy Decker