large class

---------

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jensando_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 06:06:40 PDT

why not move out the chairs and give all the kids
drawing boards? Have them sit indian style and prop
the boards in their laps. Ask a carpet supply place
for rements to 'cushion' thier bottoms. I would ask
the local boy scout troop if they would donate the
drawing boards. I did this when I taught high school.
The troop used me as thier service project. I just
told them what size I wanted and they did it on
masonite.
Use the drawing on the right side of the brain book,
get an overhead and teach them how to draw! They could
create sketchbooks and have a fantastic portfolio at
the end of the year.
 Good luck!
jeannie in ga