Re: Docent Training Begun

---------

From: lia (johnsolia_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 20:18:33 PDT

I have been to several museums where I learned to teach art history from
the docents! Some of them much much better trained than teachers....
consider that time...2 years. My favorite things to do with students in
art history/appreciation/criticism have been learned from watching
docents. Yeah Woody...you are joining a great group.

At 06:15 PM 9/13/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Today was the orientation for docent training at the Albuquerque
>Museum. It will be each Monday for two years. Sounds like I'll be
>shadowing a docent after the first year. I don't think most teachers
>are trained this carefully. There were about 30 in my class including
>five men. Most of us were first or second year trainees. They have
>over 150 trained docents. Quite a n

---