how you phrase things

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 18:05:15 PDT

Hi Susan,
I might be going to the National Convention. I'm hoping to get Sandy Bacon (from our list) to go with me.
I would love to see you again. We DO teach alike. I always, always read your letters because we they make my day.
I love how you tell the parents that you just love their child but don't want to play favorites and give him/her special priveleges. That's a hoot!
Here's my latest favorite thing to say to a student who misbehaves in class and needs to be moved to a new seat:
"I'm moving you to the _____ table so you can be with kids who won't distract you from your work. These children are really hard workers and now you can be part of their team."
Everyone's a winner!
LOL --- Sky in NJ