Docent Training Begun

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 17:15:33 PDT

Today was the orientation for docent training at the Albuquerque
Museum. It will be each Monday for two years. Sounds like I'll be
shadowing a docent after the first year. I don't think most teachers
are trained this carefully. There were about 30 in my class including
five men. Most of us were first or second year trainees. They have
over 150 trained docents. Quite a number for a small museum but it's
expanding.
        http://www.cabq.gov/museum/
The museum covers local history as well as art. This years training is
on art history around the museum collection. Next year my training
will be on the rich history of the Southwest. In 2006, Albuquerque
celebrates it's 300th year as a city. I live in a city that is much
older
than the country it's now in. Many people speak spanish here not because
they came from Mexico but because their families lived here
when this was part of Mexico or even part of Spain's territory.
Well I'll get a good history lesson over the next two years before
they let me handle and groups of school children.
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703