Re: Ready to Quit after One Week! Please Help.

---------

Aartteachr_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 15:46:56 PDT

In a message dated 9/12/2004 8:07:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ESears@Anchorage.k12.ky.us writes:

> Don't hesitate to call the parents, I had parents come in and sit at each
> table during my first year.

Ellen and all,

This makes me chuckle with a memory. We had an 8th grade kid that was being a
thorough pain and just wouldn't settle down. His mother was a Sheriff and
dropped him off at school every morning on her way to work. One day, colaborated
by his teachers, she instead proceded to get out of the car with him. He had
no idea that she was going to shadow him all day in every class. You couldn't
miss her...uniform and all. The kid was emabarrased to have "Mommy" in school
with him. It sure did the trick. Hats off to that mom. She sure knew how force
the kids hand.

Marsha

---