RE: second grade suggestions

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 20:04:15 PDT

I agreee with Linda in that if you challenge them, they will most likely rise
to it.
Here are a few of the projects I have planned for this year:

* Paul Klee checkerboard paintings- warm colors on top, cool colors on bottom,
black marker drawing on top. Inspired by "Sinbad the Sailor"
* vanGogh Starry Nights- shaving cream and liquid watercolors to marble the
paper, black silhouette landscapes at the bottom
* Draw Like An Egyptian- gold and white acrylic sponged on paper, black
sharpie drawing on top, watercolor over- looks like aged paintings from the
tombs
* Abstract Names- marker drawing using the letters in their names to form a
design and colored with marker
* Clay Bakery- Sculpey clay low relief quilled designs that are "frosted" with
paint and "sprinkled" with glitter glue

If you want any details, let me know! I do have some pictures I can send to
you and I have other ideas as well. Hope I helped in some way.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From K A <arizkma@yahoo.com> =====
>I'm realiziing that for my second grade classes I have been doing toned down
third grade lessons. They're successful with them, and it works well, but I
won't be able to do those lessons next year when they'd be even more
successful. Who has tips on where second graders are as far as their skills
and abilities, as well as any projects specifically designed for second
graders? I seem to be able to distinguish the needs and abilities of my other
grades, but second grade is not as clear to me. Thanks!

>~ Kathleen

---