Re: Ready to Quit after One Week!  Please Help.

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 17:16:08 PDT

When I pick up the phone and make the first call home...I usually NEVER have to call again...and the problems get better.

And as far as bad grades go....the only grade my students (HS) don't want...is a failing grade. Some get excited when they get a 75 on something...they consider they've done good. 70 is passing in our system...and the good students will settle for NO less than an "A"!
Carolyn

   ... the consequence of calling on the spot. Just last week when I went over class rules I frankly laid out the fact that after a first warning, I will stop the class, and use my wall phone to call home. It quiets the class as soon as I say it. And hopefully, word has gotten around that I do it.
     Anyway hang in there. One more thing. Dangling the "bad grade thing" is not enough. Many times the troublemakers could care less about a grade, especially in a subject "that doesn't matter like art"

  mike sacco
  p.j. gelinas jhs
  setauket, ny ---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu