Re: second grade suggestions

---------

From: Samantha Shelley (sshelley_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 14:56:34 PDT

I have my second graders use neutral colored pastels to create "cave paintings" on brown butcher wrap paper. After work is fixed, student wad the paper to create a rock/cave effect. Their drawing skills are sophisticated enough to be recognizable animals but are still simplistic, which works with the drawings of the Lascaux cave. The lesson can become more involved with students creating their own painting tools or having a refridgerator box as your "cave"
Samantha