Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Modern Art Chair Lesson - Middle School

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 13:12:49 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is a lesson plan to help those of you planning
chair units with your middle school students. It
doesn't look like these chairs are life size:
Lesson URL:
Student learned about Impressionism in a previous
lesson. The chair lesson expanded into modern art
styles - using paintings of Van Gogh's and Gaugin's
chairs. Looks like they used corrugated cardboard and
cardboard tubes.

I found this looking for some inspiration for Joe
Cox's High School students. I am finding bits/some
individual images - but nothing worth posting.
Steve Draeger may inspire...
Flying Spark Furniture may inspire:
Interesting exhibit -African influence:

Judy Decker