RE: Large classes...and pacing guides!

---------

wellj44_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 07:32:57 PDT

"Carolyn Roberts" <croberts18@cox.net> wrote:

>And I don't know about y'all (good ole southern term)...but this year (in my
>high school) we are having to do pacing guides for each different class we
>teach. We have a format...and it is done day-by-day...90 days total. We
>have to list the activity or lesson for each day that you'll be working on
>it, the concept or emphasis that you are focusing on each day, the element
>or principle on which your lesson is based, the competencies from the NC
>Standard Course of Study that your lesson covers each day...and then, you
>have a place for any notes you need to show. This has to be done for the
>entire semester...and has to be followed...to the best of your ability!
>
>Does anyone else out there have to do this for your art classes?

Yes, Carolyn, and I say "y'all", too. Sorry to be so late in responding to something written on the 7th, but that's my life. Anyway, the standards/goals/Bloom's tax./computer software leaders in my diocese have not gotten to me yet, but it's right around the corner, and I'm feeling a knot in my stomach already. I didn't know that it was called a "pacing guide". Good luck and keep us posted. J. in a southern private school.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.