Re: Balloons Over Our House

---------

Aartteachr_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 06:00:36 PDT

In a message dated 9/11/2004 8:40:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
woodyduncan@comcast.net writes:

> A balloon organization in Albuquerque was giving rides to
> emergency workers in honor of 9/11. That's why so many
> were aloft at 7:30 this morning.
> Woody

What a beautiful sight it must have been from the air! I was given a balloon
flight for my birthday 2 years ago. No one would go with me except my gutsy
son-in-law. As in the tradition of FL, we were up, up and away over Orlando and
a storm headed in (what else is new?) and we had to make a hasty rough land in
a furrowed field. As the basket let down, I was on the bottom and 5 other
people were piled up on top of me. Now if there was a gorgeous guy in the group
...just kiddin'.

I will need another trip to enjoy it again. It is so thrilling to fly higher
than the birds. Maybe I need to try in Albuerqueque next time.

Marsh (formerly MarshArt) in Orlando.

---