Re: how do you mark the tables?

---------

From: C Kerch (ckerch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 02:09:44 PDT

>"What's up with all that picking!!! It drives me crazy!!! They pick at
>tape,
>use scissors to dig at it....etc. etc....it makes me nuts!!!"<

I totally understand and concur that it drives me nuts too. My students
picked at the warped laminate on the tables in my classroom and created
faces and animals... while cute at the time, for them, my school
Administrator was not so delighted with the torn laminate work of art.
Thankfully, I was not held accoutable for my students picking and tearing
since the tables were cheap and not made to withstand moisture from clay,
plaster of paris or other art materials. The school replaced all 6 tables
with heavy durable activity tables made to endure moisture and pressure...
no more picking and tearing... I truly feel blessed.
Mahalo,
Cathy
Honolulu, HI